Many people in Cobourg as well as visiting tourists want to walk around Cobourg – especially the beach and harbourfront areas. If you live here, you may know the good routes but then, maybe not. A map and brochure have been created which show suggested routes plus these are marked with signs. Below is a list of the routes with their length, the map, plus a link to download the brochure.
The signs are at
- Peace Park (Forth/Clyde Streets)
- Ecology Garden (bottom of Hibernia St.) (More on Ecology Garden here)
- West Entrance to the Victoria Park Boardwalk (bottom of Division St.)
- East Entrance to Victoria Park (bottom of Church St)
- The Marina Building (bottom of Third St.)
- Victoria Hall (King St.)
- Bus Stop (on Albert at Rotary park)
- Beach Concession Building
- Donegan Park (bottom of D’Arcy St.)
The four routes listed are;
- West – loop starts at Peace Park – 1.7km
- Central - Victoria Hall via harbourfront and boardwalk to Peace Park then loops back to Vic Hall via King St. - 2.9km
- Beach – through Victoria Park, along the beach boardwalk and back to Victoria Hall via Rotary Park 1.7km
- East – starting at East Entrance to Victoria Park at the bottom of Church St, loops via King St, to Donegan Park - 1.5 km
Parking is indicated at Peace Park, the Waterfront (Esplanade), on street at the bottom of Church Street and at Donegan Park.
If all this exercise brings on a heart problem(!), three locations of Automated External Defibrillators (AED) are indicated (Library, Vic Hall and what looks like the YMCA Pool office).
If you want the exercise but don't want to brave the weather, you can walk around the Mall or use the indoor walking track at the Community Centre The track is behind the seating at one of the Arenas.